Call for Artists
Become a member of a vibrant artists community.
Rectangle Gallery & Creative Space is always looking to expand the number of artists and instructors at the Gallery.
Rectangle Gallery is always happy to accept applications from potential members. Although we strive to keep membership in the Gallery as local as possible, we will consider all submissions. There is a jury process for new members and it is held as needed. We strive to maintain a balance of a unique and exceptional mix of media, styles and artists at the Gallery.
If you interested in becoming a member of Rectangle Gallery we encourage you to submit an application. Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Five to seven recent jpeg images of your work. Include an image list with the title, size, media, and date of each piece.
- Artist statement
- Contact information – Name, address, email and phone
- The jury may reject applications if there is missing information or the photos are poor quality (i.e. out of focus, hard to see)
- The Gallery may request permission put your application on ‘hold’ if we are overloaded with a particular style or have run out of wall space.
The Fine Print
- Rectangle Gallery has a membership fee of $50 month and requires a six-month initial commitment.
- There is a $50 set-up fee to produce your artist page, connect your work to our woo-commerce site and
- The Gallery will also take a commission of 25%, 35% or 45% depending on the number of hours worked. Although not required, it is always best when an artist is able to work the floor at the Gallery. Committee work can be used in lieu of time on the sales floor.
25% – minimum 26 hours
35% – 15 hours – 25 hours
45% – 0 hours – 14 hours
Please contact Jan at email@example.com if you are interested in giving a class or workshop in our Creative Space. Include the type of class you would like to teach and your contact information.
A few things about being a member artist of Rectangle Gallery:
- Rectangle Gallery is a cooperative gallery, and artists are strongly urged to be involved in working and helping the gallery grow. Although not required, it is always best when an artist is able to work the floor at the Gallery.
- We only hang original art on the walls. We have a limited number of print bins and prefer that all reproductions are of originals that have hung in the Gallery.
- When new work is brought in, it will be shared on social media and the front page of our website.
- The Gallery takes part in Downtown Centralia’s First Friday event where we feature three to five artists. We strongly recommend that all member artists come to these events.
- We have gallery meetings approximately once a quarter. As a member, you will need to do your best to be there. Many of these meetings will be on Zoom, once the coronavirus lets up we will have a big potluck and celebrate.
- We like each other.